Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

Dear Kids,
Wesley left MN to NY this morning and hopefully learning the independent by himself so that he can get use to the working environment in NY.  The pace in NY is 10 times faster in MN because the competition is as high as in HK.  I have just come back from NY and I rented a car driving from the airport to the city for the meeting.  People are driving very fast and crazy too because they all tried to cut in front of me.  I was lucky to drive the NY license so that they did not know I came from MN, otherwise, they might horned me as well.  My driving skill was very good  but the GPS was acting like a Minnesotan too slow.  Eventually, the GPS was acting like a New Yorker, ran faster as usual.
    The inflation in NY is very high because I parked my car in front of the hotel and it was cost me 75 dollars for 4 hours of parking time.  I was told by Yvonne before I arrived NY.  I met a few people from Middle East and they took us to a very ordinary Chinese restaurant which was cost them 700.  For me, the meal was cost 1000 because I flew from the MN which was not cheap.  We all hope to have the business connection to work out something in the future.
 
Love,
Dad    

No comments:

Post a Comment